Please read the entire description before enrolling in this course.
Financial Aid is not available. The course fee is not eligible for tuition remission.
If you are placed on a waitlist (after the first 10 registrants), please be patient as we need to be sure there will be enough students to require another instructor. The maximum class size is 20. However, you may still be put on a waitlist beyond 20 due to the possiblity of openings after registration ends.
In addition to this electronic registration, students are required to complete and submit this "paper" application and return it to the Continuing Education department, either by email, hand deliver, or regular mail.
Students must fulfill all immunization requirements in order to participate in this course including the COVID-19 immunization (see "Requirements"). Due to program requirements, immunization exemption forms and/or any other waiver may not be accepted. Students must have all required immunizations.
The course fee includes the cost of the course and EMT shirt. Students may purchase their textbook, workbook, blood pressure cuff, and stethoscope at the University Bookstore. It's recommended that students research blood pressure cuffs and stethoscopes and purchase ones that best meet their budget and needs. Students are also required to pay for a background check ($40 for BCI or FBI, $65 for both). Students will be responsible for the cost of the National Registry Exam (~ $100).
- August 25 – November 29, 2022
- Tuesday and Thursday 6 – 10 p.m., some mandatory Saturdays 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. (9/17, 10/15, 10/29, 11/19)
- Online registration dates: Now – August 13, 2021
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate.
- Be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English. Must have a TOEFL score of 79 on the internet-based test if English is not the student's primary language.
- Have no previous felony convictions.
- Be at least 18 years of age at the end of the course, in accordance with OAC 4765-8-01.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Cedarville University students must have their advisor's signature on the application form.
- A physical must be completed prior to the start of class, including* Covid 19 immunization, two MMR or titer, a current flu shot, two-step TB test, the Tdap, two Varicella or titer, and Hepatitis B series of shots. The EMS Education Health History and Physical form must be used to report this information. (see "After Applying") Any student that fails to complete this by the Wednesday before class begins will be automatically dismissed from the program.
*Note: Due to program requirements, we cannot accept immunization exemption forms and/or any other waiver in place of the requirements listed above. Students must have all immunizations in order to participate in the EMT program.
- A background check must be completed prior to the start of class through Cedarville University's Campus Security office (see "After Applying"). This course is rigorous and may be offered several times during the year. Although incoming freshmen are welcome, we encourage them to take the course after one semester of study.
More information coming soon!
Some opt to include MyBradyLab in their purchase and have found the online resources to be helpful. This is not required for the course. Check with Continuing Education for instructions if you do purchase these resources.
Books are available through the university bookstore. Search on their web site using the course code CEEM 0301.